Ths Iris software was born out of a need for simple yet powerful software to run photographic club competitions. It provides a straightforward photo upload experience, coupled with a simple and robust process on competition night. With both upload and display handled through custom software, the whole experience is easy to run and administer.
Website - Gathering images to show
- Users register for an account, and images are owned by the user
- Users are invited to join clubs, and once they accept the invitation they can upload images to that club's competitions
- Clubs nominate administrators who look after their competitions, inviting new members and removing old ones
- Once a competition closes, a file can be downloaded and then run on competition night in the Iris client
- A download link can be sent to the judges via email with a single click, ready for them to download and review images
- Images are marked up with awards once results have been uploaded
Client - Running the competition night
- Images are shown to the judges in sequence, under their full control with a presentation clicker
- Titles are shown on screen, and audibly read out, alongside an indication of progress to help with timekeeping
- Images can be held back for later review with a simple press of the H key
- Held images can be reviewed, then opened full screen for further discussion
- Once open, the image can be given an award or placing
- A slideshow of award winners can be shown during an interval
- Panel competitions are supported
- Panels are held and awarded as one, not as individual images
- Once the competition is complete, a QR code can be scanned to upload results to the website
Want this for your club?
If you're interested in using this software for your own photography club, email us on clubs (at) irisphotosoftware.co.uk for more details.
Software © 2021 Tim Sawyer B.Sc (HONS) MBCS ARPS CPAGB EFIAP/b All Rights Reserved